Breath Player is a breathing, relaxation, and mindful meditation app with a large catalog of professionally composed sonic experiences. Experiences range from musical compositions to nature sounds and machine noises to binaural beats.
Rather than directing your breathing like a typical meditation app, Breath Player aimed to create a mindful breathing tool which followed the natural cadence of your own breathing to immerse you in the moment.
The app needed to track breaths in and out, and make beautiful sound and music that swells smoothly along with your breathing–essentially turning your breath into an instrument.
- Many dynamic "experiences" with different sounds and music would need to be offered
- Multiple input methods for users to easily track their breaths in and out would be required
- We'd need to visualize the user's breaths in and out in a way that felt organic, without lag or stutter
- Breath inputs would need to adjust the mix of audio in real time, enhancing the effect that the user's breath itself was creating the sound and music
- Desire to help users create a healthy habit of regular mindful breathing, thereby increasing "stickiness" of the app